- Each job's skill tiers fall into a character level range as shown below.
- 1st Skill Tier: Level 1 - Level 29
- 2nd Skill Tier: Level 30 - Level 59
- 3rd Skill Tier: Level 60 - Level 99
- 4th Skill Tier: Level 100 - Level 150
- Three types of skills exist: Active, Passive, and Buffs.
- Active Skills: Active skills must be manually activated to either damage enemies or heal/aid allies.
- Passive Skills: Passive skills do not require activation and are in constant effect. These "skills" provide a variety of bonuses including stat increases and do not need to be assigned to any ability slots.
- Buff Skills: Buff skill provide characters with temporary, positive effects and must be manually activated before the effects take place. When a buff skill is activated, an icon corresponding to that skill will appear next to the character status part of the UI.
- Tapping on the buff icon will display the skill's effect as well as how much time must pass before the skill's effects expire.
- Skill effects and effectiveness are increased using points gained when a character's level increases.
- Each level gained by a character results in an award of one Skill Point (or SP). Regardless of Job Skill tier, the SP award for gaining a level remains one point.
Skill Point Reset (SP Reset)
- A user may choose to reset all of a character's skill points in order to reassign them differently.
- Access [SP Reset] in any character's Skill menu.
- Any attempt to reset SP will immediately reset all skill points in all job skill tiers gained thus far (Example: A Dark Knight who has reached the 3rd tier of job skills will have all points in jobs 1-3 reset if SP Reset is used).
- All SP Reset attempts require the player to spend Crystal to do so.
- Once the SP Reset is complete, the player will need to reassign the SP in each tier of Job Skills.
- Players may also need to reassign skills to their skill slots before returning to play.
Assigning Skills to Skill Slots
The most efficient way to keep a job skill handy for use is to assign it to a skill slot.
- Step 1: Access the [Character] menu in the Main Menu.
- Step 2: Select the [Skill] menu.
- Step 3: Select the skill you want to assign a hotkey to, then select the location to assign it using the [Equip] command.
Removing a Skill from a Skill Slot
Since there are more skills than skill slots, players may come face a situation where they may need to remove skills from their skill slots to make room for better/stronger ones.
- Step 1: Step 1: Access the [Character] menu in the Main Menu.
- Step 2: Access the [Character] section of this menu and select the [Skill] menu.
- Step 3: Locate the skill in the slot to be vacated and tap the "x" on the skill icon. That skill should now be removed from the skill slot.
- Accounts and the Application - How to Install and Play the Game • Linking Mobile Accounts to MapleStory M • Unlinking Mobile Accounts from MapleStory M • Deleting a MapleStory M Account • Recovering a MapleStory M Account Scheduled for Deletion • The Options Menu
- Characters - Character Creation • Character Jobs • Character Stat Introduction • Skills • Delete Characters
- Main Menus - System • Main Menu
- System Elements - Map • Fever Buff • Auto Battle • Auto Quest System • Mailbox • Player Ranks
- Pets and Mounts - Pets (Guide) • Pets and Mounts
- Items - Item Types and Ranks
- Mechanics - Potential • Extraction • Lock • Gold Leaf • Jewels
- General Activities - Quests and Achievements • Missions
- Dungeons - Mini Dungeons • Elite Dungeons • Daily Dungeons
- Specific Locations - Storage • Trade Station • Nett's Pyramid • Mu Long Dojo • Star Force Field • Forge
- Community - Friends • Parties