This guide will teach you all about Character Creation in MapleStory M. You can create a character with one of many unique jobs! Currently, you will be able to choose one of five Explorer classes! (Additional job classes may nor may not be added later in time)
How to Create Characters
- 01. Create a Character
- An empty character slot must be available when creating a new character.
- All accounts have 7 open slots upon creation, but more can be obtained through purchase by Crystal, or consumption of an Extra Character Slot Coupon.
Step 1: Select [Create Character] at the Character Select screen, and then select any of the options available, these are: [The Resistance] (the newest), [Shade], [Luminous], [Explorer], [Phantom], [Mercedes], [Evan], [Aran] and [Cygnus]. Depending on your choice you will either receive a pre-determined character or get to make your own and pick a class for them.
Step 2: Select the job you'd like your character to be. For Explorers there are 12 classes to choose from whereas for Cygnus Knights, there are 5 classes to choose from! For Explorers these are:
- Dark Knight
- Bow Master
- Night Lord
- Arch Mage (Fire/Poison)
- Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
While for Cygnus Knights they are:
- Dawn Warrior
- Wind Archer
- Night Walker
- Blaze Wizard
- Thunder Breaker
Step 3: Name your characters
- Character names must be 2 - 8 characters long and must use English letters. Names may also contain numerals. (Language rules may vary depending on country)
- Character names pending deletion and existing character names cannot be used when creating a new character.
- Character names consisting of, or containing, prohibited words cannot be used.
- Character names can be changed using a Character Name Change Coupon.
- A Character Name Change Coupon is an item used to change character names. They can be used once per week.
- All naming rules listed above apply when a Character Name Change Coupon is used.
- Accounts and the Application - How to Install and Play the Game • Linking Mobile Accounts to MapleStory M • Unlinking Mobile Accounts from MapleStory M • Deleting a MapleStory M Account • Recovering a MapleStory M Account Scheduled for Deletion • The Options Menu
- Characters - Character Creation • Character Jobs • Character Stat Introduction • Skills • Delete Characters
- Main Menus - System • Main Menu
- System Elements - Map • Fever Buff • Auto Battle • Auto Quest System • Mailbox • Player Ranks
- Pets and Mounts - Pets (Guide) • Pets and Mounts
- Items - Item Types and Ranks
- Mechanics - Potential • Extraction • Lock • Gold Leaf • Jewels
- General Activities - Quests and Achievements • Missions
- Dungeons - Mini Dungeons • Elite Dungeons • Daily Dungeons
- Specific Locations - Storage • Trade Station • Nett's Pyramid • Mu Long Dojo • Star Force Field • Forge
- Community - Friends • Parties